Sunday, March 3, 2013

Book Review - Resurrected Pt 1 By Megan Hart

Book Title:  Resurrected Part One
Author:  Megan Hart
Genre:  CONFUSED


OK, I have to say I was VERY disappointed.  THANK HEAVEN this was free.  Though I wish I could return the other THREE volumes I purchased in anticipation of the series being DECENT.  What a waste of TIME and MONEY!  WHY?!

This book was probably twenty pages long, if I'm lucky!  It was more like an essay.  A weird, out of place, no character build-up, no storytelling or plot ESSAY!!

We get a character who is a self proclaimed drunk, whose been through severe trauma, enough that the alcohol has separated her from her family.  Then we  have what we can only assume is a cowboy/law-man, though it's never confirmed WHAT he is.  They meet at a bar, get blotto drunk, walk across the street to a motel she's staying at, have casual sex.  A TORNADO blows through, they try to drive to check on someone HE cares about, witness total destruction, and then a rapid growth of flowers, that suddenly appear, then release something like pollen, into the air and die.  They go to the hospital to help out, a wigged out patient rants about the flowers in her hand and says they're in our bar fly woman and more are coming.  That's the WHOLE story.  SWEAR IT! (Kinda sounds like an invasion of the Body Snatchers type thing.. but really...how many times can THAT story be re-told?)

I hate re-telling an author's story, but really when it takes one paragraph to tell the ENTIRE first volume, why read or buy anymore when you didn't even understand the characters or story of the first!?

Evidently there are several "parts" to this "series".  Why is it in a "series" instead of a cohesive novel? (other than to nickel and dime the reader?)  There's NO character development and honestly I have no idea what the plot is, but it has something to do with the weird flowers, I'm sure.  This just really isn't "my thing".  Didn't interest me and the story left me saying, "HUH?".  I really feel I wasted my time.

.5 out of 5 Bookmarks 

No comments:

Post a Comment